*** This product is available for pre-order. All products on pre-order will be shipped within two weeks of your order date. Once you place your order we will email you to confirm the next shipment of pre-orders. Find out more here. ***
Zao’s compact foundation is perfect for those looking to create a natural complexion with full coverage. Its creamy and smooth texture makes it easy to apply and smooth into skin, with a mattifying effect to cancel out shiny areas.
This foundation is a true skin care product, containing silica powder, a bamboo powder and bamboo rhizome oil, all of which are rich in silica. This means they regenerate skin throughout the day.
What’s more, this is a zero waste product! Once you’ve finished a compact just order your refill on Acala, pop out the empty compact from your bamboo and replace with the new one.
- Natural and Organic Cosmetic certified by ECOCERT.
- Free from talc and parabens.
- A vegan and cruelty free product.
- Suitable for all skin types including the most sensitive.
- Packaged in a beautiful 7.5 gram refillable bamboo case with cotton drawstring bag.
- Creates buildable coverage from light to strong.
- Easy to apply and smooth into skin.
- It can be applied with fingers but for full coverage we suggest using either a round sponge or a foundation brush.
- Choose the colour that matches the colour of your skin. Neither too bright nor too dark to avoid contrast with the natural complexion of the neck- see share matching directions below.
- Apply from the centre to the outside, without forgetting the nose.
Very Light Ochre suits those with a super fair complexions and yellow undertones.
Very Light Pink Ivory suits those with super fair complexions and cool undertones, due to its ivory pink-toned base.
Ivory suits those with fair complexions and neutral undertones, though it can be used by those with cool undertones to tone down pinkness of skin if preferred.
Apricot suits those with medium complexions and warm, apricot/peach undertones.
Rose Petal suits those with medium complexions and cool, pink undertones.
Neutral suits those with medium complexions and neutral undertones.
Cappucino suits those with darker complexions and warm, orange undertones.
Chocolate suits those with darker complexions and neutral undertones.
Topaz suits those with darker complexions and yellow undertones.
Bronze suits those with dark complexions and warm, orange/red undertones.
Hazelnut suits those with dark complexions and neutral/cool undertones.
Carob suits those with dark complexions and a yellow undertone.
Dark Mahogany suits those with very dark complexions and a a warm/red undertone.
Mocha suits those with very dark complexions and a neutral/cool undertone.
- If you suit colours like gold, copper, bronze, orange-reds and earthy tones, then your skin is likely to have peach, yellow or golden undertones and so would suit a warm-toned foundation.
- If you suit colours like magenta, silver, grey, blue-red or jewel tones, then your skin is likely to have cool undertones with pink, red or blue undertones and so would suit a cool-toned or neutral foundation. If you prefer to disguise pink tones to your skin, then a neutral-toned foundation would achieve that.
- If you look good in any of these colours, then your skin is likely to have neutral/mixed undertones. If unsure, check the veins on your arms, as those with cool-toned complexions have blue or purple veins, whilst those with warm complexions tend to have green veins, and if you cannot decide, then you most likely have neutral undertones.
Ingredients: (inci / ctfa): oleyl oleate, squalane, silica, polyglyceryl-10 apricot kernelate, phyllostachis bambusoides rhizome extract*, orbignya oleifera seed oil (orbignya oleifera (babassu) seed oil)*, hydrogenated olive oil stearyl esters, lauryl olivate, copernicia cerifera cera (copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax)*, simmondsia chinensis seed oil (simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil)*, tocopherol, parfum (fragrance), bambusa arundinacea stem powder, ci 77820(silver). may contain +/-: ci 77891 (titanium dioxide), ci 77491 (iron oxides), ci 77492 (iron oxides), ci 77499 (iron oxides), ci 77742 (manganese violet).
* ingredients from organic farming