Quick, easy and effective natural toothpaste recipe
So you want to try making your own natural toothpaste? Go you! Here’s a super simple and effective recipe to try.
Natural Toothpaste recipe
- 3tsp baking soda
- 2tsp coconut oil
- 10 drops of the essential oil of your choice. We recommend peppermint, lemon or fennel.
- Heat your coconut oil on a low-medium heat until melted.
- Add the other ingredients to the pan and mix together. Stir several times until everything is mixed well.
- Leave to cool and store in a small jar with airtight seal.
If you’re looking to add whitening properties to your toothpaste, try the following recipe, and use the method above to create the formula.
- 3tsp bentonite clay
- 5tsp coconut oil
- 1tsp activated charcoal
- 15 drops of the essential oil of your choice.
In September, Acala will launch its DIY and raw ingredients section which will stock all these products, plastic free for you. So stay tuned!
Still unsure about natural toothpaste, read this blog post that we wrote about why natural toothpaste is just as good (actually better) as conventional toothpaste.